Personal Stuff at: [OfficeMonkey]
Note to others: I haven't been reading Bookshelved regularly. If you're interested in contacting me, the best bet is through bookshelved at officemonkey dot org.
Notes to self: the proper way to write your name in this wiki is
. Although you may just want to use
SeanO now that you've done the redirect.
Another note to self: the proper way to write an interwiki link to Wikipedia is
Third note to self: to link to an external website use
I've been on a reading binge lately... I just finished:
- [The Time Traveller's Wife]? by Audrey Niffenegger
- [The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay]? by Michael Chabon
My Disaster Trilogy
I work in Emergency Management and I've gotten on a "Books related to Disasters" kick. Here are the last three books I've read.
- IsaacsStorm -- About the United States' deadliest hurricane.
- [The Great Influenza] -- About the 1918 Influenza Pandemic.
- [Rising Tide] -- About the Great Mississippi River Flood of 1927.
This may rival my Annual Jazz Biography described below.
I've just spent the last 20 minutes sorting my fiction bookshelf and I'm taking a break before I hit the non-fiction side. Since this is the first time the whole bookcase is in alphabetical order by author, I decided to celebrate by entering it into Bookshelved...
I like jazz. I like reading. I like reading about Jazz.
Annual Jazz Biography:
I make a habit of reading at least one jazz biography a year.
- 2004: Skylark: Biography of Johnny Mercer.
- 2003: LushLife?: Biography of Billy Strayhorn.
- 2002: FaithInTime: about Little Jimmy Scott. Also, DeepInADream about Chet Baker.
- 2001: Girl Singer: about Rosemary Clooney
- 2000: Nat King Cole, about um... Nat King Cole.
There were others, but I can't recall the names and exactly when... I'm going through by bookcase this weekend, maybe more will be revealed.
I'm a book learner.
Books I Read:
Books I Liked:
Hi Sean ! Beyond the fact that I simply like to have visitors here, seeing you in particular gives me an additional (though silly) pleasure : I can tell you "welcome here"... and know that you already feel welcome insofar as our Wiki:WikiEngine offers a way around the Wiki:ApostropheCatastrophe. -- LaurentBossavit
Yes, I was quite happy about that!! I'm glad to be here! -- SeanO
If you enjoy reading about jazz, you might like BirthOfTheCool?: Beat, Bebop, and the American Avant-Garde [ISBN 0684813548 (amazon.com, search)]. -- ElizabethWiethoff